Black Friday keeps starting earlier every year, with several retail stores planning to open on Thursday this year. "We heard from our guests that they look forward to kicking off their holiday shopping with deal-hunting on Thanksgiving night. Opening at 9 p.m. gives Target's Black Friday guests a more convenient way to create an after-dinner shopping event that the entire family can enjoy," said Kathee Tesija, executive vice president of merchandising of Target, in a statement.
Stores to Open on Thursday
- Best Buy: Opens at midnight on. Thurs. Nov. 22 2012
- Kohl's: Opens at midnight on Thurs. Nov. 22, 2012
- Macy's: Opens at midnight on Thurs. Nov. 22, 2012
- Michaels: Opens at 4 p.m. on Thurs. Nov. 22, 2012
- Sears: Opens at 8 p.m. on Thurs. Nov. 22, 2012
- Target: Opens at 9 p.m. on Thurs. Nov. 22, 2012
- Toys "R" Us: Opens at 8 p.m. on Thurs. Nov. 22, 2012
- Walmart: Opens at 8 p.m. on Thurs. Nov. 22 2012
While convenient for shoppers, the extended hours mean store employees do not get a day off on Thanksgiving. Do you think retailers are opening too early, or do you welcome the chance to get some shopping in on Turkey Day? Share your comments below.