The Bottom Line
- Live music in an intimate setting.
- Free parking in designated parking lot.
- Delicious thin-crust pizza.
- No plates with pizza order, just napkins.
- Weak mixed drinks from the bar.
- Industrial area north of downtown.
- Location: 3131 Walnut St., Denver, CO, 80205
- Phone: 303-292-1700
- Hours: Mon. - Sat. 11 a.m. - 2 a.m.
Sun. 11 a.m. - 12 midnight
- Menu Musts: Walnut Special Pizza
Guide Review - The Walnut Room in Denver
Pizza and other fare such as sandwiches are served in the bar, but you order at the window up front instead of through the wait staff. This casual set-up extends to the lack of real plates. Unfortunately, this can be a bit messy when eating pizza, which is served on glorified napkins of large paper squares.
The pizza itself is delicious, baked to order on thin crust in 12" or 17" sizes. My favorite pizza has to be the Walnut Special, which includes pesto sauce, walnuts, green olives, herbs and spices.
The bar features PBR, Fat Tire, Sunshine Wheat and other local brews on tap. Stick to the beer on tap because the mixed drinks proved disappointing. The whiskey sour I ordered arrived heavy on the sour mix but light on the actual whiskey.