Married couples made up 10.5% of households in Capitol Hill in 2010 with 44.6% married couples with children. The median age of Capitol Hill residents is 36 years for men and 32.7 years for women, close to the median age for the City & County of Denver.
- The Cheeky Monk at 534 E. Colfax Ave. offers Belgian beers and other specialties such as Belgian waffles and beignets.
- Down the street, City Grille at 321 E. Colfax Ave. consistently receives rave reviews for its burgers, and is frequented by local politicians.
- City o' City at 206 E. 13th Ave. features an all-vegetarian menu with such specialties as buckwheat pancakes and BBQ tofu.
- East High at 1545 Detroit St. is one of Denver's four original high schools, imaginatively named North, East, West and South.
- Morey Middle School at 840 E. 14th Ave. serves grades 6-8.
- Moore Elementary at 846 Corona St. offers classes for K - 5.
Grocery Stores, Etc.:
- Although small in size, the Whole Foods Market at 900 E. 11th Ave. carries a wide selection of organic groceries.
- King Soopers at 1155 E. 9th Ave. is open 24 hours.
- Colorado State Employees Credit Union has a branch with a 24-hour ATM at 1390 Logan St.
- Staying true to Denver's nickname of the Mile High City, the 13th step of the State Capital building is exactly 5,280 feet high.
- Actor Don Cheadle and folksinger Judy Collins both attended East High (although obviously not at the same time.)
- At 26 miles long, Colfax Ave. is the longest continuous commercial street in the United States.