Married couples made up 26.6% of households in Cherry Creek in 2010, with 39.7% married couples with children. The median age of Cherry Creek residents is 47.6 years for men and 53.1 years for women, more than a decade older than the median age for the entire City & County of Denver.
- North focuses on northern Italian cuisine in an elegant atmosphere.
- Kona Grill inside the Cherry Creek Mall serves up a popular spot for happy hour.
- The Cherry Cricket at 2641 E. 2nd St. offers a low-key alternative to tony Cherry Creek with burgers and karaoke.
- Cherry Creek students either attend East High at 1545 Detroit St. or South High at 1700 E. Louisiana Blvd.
- Morey Middle School at 840 E. 14th Ave. serves grades 6-8.
- Bromwell Elementary at 2500 E. 4th Ave. offers classes for K - 5.
Grocery Stores, Etc.:
- Whole Foods Market at 2375 E. 1st Ave. sells organic groceries and gourmet food.
- Safeway at 3110 E. 1st Ave. contains a Starbucks and deli.
- Wells Fargo has a branch with a 24-hour ATM at 2500 E. 2nd St.
- William Green Russell discovered gold at the confluence of Cherry Creek and the South Platte River in 1858, which led to the establishment of Denver.
- Hundreds of thousands of visitors attend the Cherry Creek Arts Festival held over the Fourth of July weekend every year.
- Another body of water named Cherry Creek, a tributary of the Cheyenne River in South Dakota, does not have as many fancy restaurants.