Married couples made up 33.2% of households in City Park in 2010, with 34.8% married with children. The median age of City Park residents is 36.5 years for men and 35.3 years years years for women, a little bit older than the median age for the City & County of Denver.
- Le Peep at 1875 York St. offers a cozy spot across from City Park for breakfast and lunch.
- Mezcal at 3230 E. Colfax Ave. livens up Colfax with tequila tastings and traditional Mexican fare in an offbeat atmosphere.
- Tommy Thai's at 3410 E. Colfax Ave. serves Pad Thai at reasonable prices. Take-out available.
Grocery Stores, Etc.:
- The Safeway at 757 E. 20th Ave. contains a pharmacy and a Starbucks.
- King Soopers at 1331 N. Speer Blvd. is open 24 hours.
- 7-11 at 3177 E. Colfax Ave. has an ATM.
- City Park encompasses 370 acres, which includes three man-made lakes. Several facilities around the park can be rented by the public for events, including the City Park Pavilion.
- The City & County of Denver acquired the park in 1881. The golf course was built in 1913, followed shortly thereafter by the zoo in 1914.
- City Park hosts the free and ever-popular City Park Jazz concerts during the summer. The free concerts are held at 6 p.m. on Sundays during selected weeks in the summer.