Pho restaurant names usually include numbers that have some significance in the owner's life, such as the year of immigration or birth date. Other pho restaurants sometimes simply use the address as part of the name, or choose lucky numbers such as "8" in Asian culture. The penultimate pho adventure would to sample all of the soups along Federal Boulevard, but there are several pho outposts along Havana Street in Aurora, Colo., and in other suburbs of Denver as well.
1. Pho 79Pho 79 serves up fast and delicious pho at any one of its five locations across the metro Denver area. Although traditionally eaten for breakfast in Vietnam, pho in the U.S. is typically consumed for lunch or dinner. Pho 79 offer small, medium and large portions of the noodle soup. Boba tea and other Asian dishes are also available at the busy restaurant, which can be a bit noisy for diners who wish to sip their pho in silence.
1080 S. Havana St.
Aurora, CO 80012
2. Pho DuyPho Duy is nestled in a nondescript shopping center at the corner of Federal Boulevard and West Ford Place, but the restaurant is almost always bustling with activity, especially at lunch. The seating is family-style so you may end up sharing a table with a stranger, but it's worth it for the large portions of savory pho served steaming hot.
945 S. Federal Blvd.
Denver, CO 80219
3. Pho 7Pho 7 brings pho enlightenment to southeast Denver at the corner of Hampden Avenue and South Florence Street near Kennedy Golf Course. Work up an appetite at the golf course before digging into a bowl of pho, or twirl away the time before dinner at Arthur Murray Dance Studio a few doors down. My husband and I stumbled upon Pho 7 while taking dance lessons for our wedding, so I have a soft spot for the establishment.
10009 E. Hampden Ave.
Denver, CO 80231
4. Pho MaiThe northern suburb of Broomfield, Colo., is also home to many Vietnamese restaurants. Pho Mai, formerly known as Pho 120 Vietnamese Restaurant, dishes up un-pho-gettable deliciousness from 9 a.m. to 10 p.m.
6765 W. 120th Ave. Ste. A
5. Pho on 6thPho on 6th has a limited selection of pho compared to the other restaurants, but is a perfect place for beginners to dive into the noodle dish. Pho is available in one size, and is a bit pricier than other establishments. However, the restaurant's central location and extensive bar service make it a good location for a date or leisurely lunch.
Pho on 6th
1312 E 6th Ave.
Denver, CO 80218